Monday, January 3, 2011

OMG NO ICE CREAM??!

Fox News was on. It was also time for dinner. And in this particular occasion, my cousin was able to join in on this wonderful "Dinner with Fox News" tradition. The main course was pretty uneventful, the dessert however, almost saw some rolling heads.
"Drew, why don't you go get three small plates and bring over the apple turnovers?"
"Sure" I replied to my grandma. As I was getting up I heard my grandpa start.
"Go get some ice cream too to go with the apple turnovers." After hearing this, my cousin and I both politely objected to putting ice cream on our desserts.
"But do you want ice cream, Grandpa?" I asked him.
"No." He said nodding his head and shrugging his shoulders. My grandma sounded almost offended by this.
"You don't want any ICE CREAM?!"
"I was just seeing if they wanted ice cream on their apple TURNOVERS!"
By then, in the following silence, I'd frozen, halfway to the table with plates and turnovers. My cousin and I were both bug-eyed.
Just as the audio of Fox News was retaking the room, I slowly got back to my normal pace. I had set the plates down with the turnovers and we ate in silence as if nothing happened.
Fox News was on.

1 comment:

  1. I really really really want to have dinner with your grandparents now.

    ReplyDelete