Sunday, January 2, 2011

Déjà vu

Fox News was not on and I'm beginning to see more and more of this (unless it's 3:30, then you can hear Glenn Beck shouting from some lone TV in the house). I had just walked upstairs to get a glass of water. Just as I was about to return to the basement I hear from my Grandma exclaim my name.
"Drew?"
"Yeah, grandma?" I replied as I walked back up the top two stairs and into the living room.
"Do you ever find yourself wanting hot cocoa?"
"... ...I guess I've probably thought about it, at some point."
"Well sometimes it's so cold outside and it seems really nice to have some hot cocoa!"
I wanted to say, "Well, grandma, on cold days I like to have a small glass of scotch to end my day!" but instead, I said, "Yeah, okay!"
After a little more small talk, I returned to the basement, leaving them to their evening programs.

No comments:

Post a Comment